ספרים הקשורים לכדורגל אנגלי

הנושא בפורום 'פורום כדורגל אנגלי' פורסם ע"י Rudess, ‏15/3/05.

1. Hammers Fan Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏14/12/02
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    זה עוד כלום. קאס פנאנט היום נחשב לאוהד הכי מוערך ביציע אפטון פארק ומקבל כבוד מכל כיוון שהוא מביט, השיא הוא שהוא מקבל מטעם ההנהלה של המועדון מנוי חינם לאיזה יציע שהוא רוצה בכל עונה ועונה.

2. Hotspur משתמשים של כבוד היכל התהילה

הצטרף ב:
    ‏3/1/04
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    חלילה, לקרוא ולהעמיק שנוא זה מצויין. חוליגניזם זה נושא מרתק שנוגע בהרבה סוציולוגיה, לייחל לחזרה למצב הזה אני בהחלט לא.

3. MUFC - 1878 Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏13/3/05
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    מיין קאמף אגב זה עוד נושא שמרתק אותי מאוד...המורה שלי להיסטוריה יורם פרי מתרגם 3 שנים כבר לעיברית תספר ואני מקבל עותק חינםhttp://www.asoccer.co.il/forum/html/emoticons/smile.Xxx
    הוא כתב כימעט את כול סיפרי ההיסטוריה בארץ...

אנקורי שליטה לעד.

תמונות+כתבה על החוליגן של וואסטאהם...אים בא לכם על עוד חוליגנים תגידו יש בפורום חוליגנים שאני נימצא בו הרבה מידי בנושא...

כתבה של סאס פאננט:

Cass Pennant writes . . . .

West Ham against Millwall is like no other derby in football. The two clubs play each other for the first time in 10 years on Sunday and it's a blessing for the rest of society that such meetings are so infrequent.

All football clubs have local rivalries, particularly in London, but Millwall v West Ham is on a different level. The atmosphere of hatred is unreal and that's why so many people talk about it and are intrigued. I'm not scaremongering, that's just the way it is.

It's different to any other derby - it's all about the communities surrounding both clubs. They're incredibly similar - very hard communities where being able to handle yourself is all important.

To be honest it's got very little to do with football and games just provide a platform for the hatred. A lot of the people who've been to past games cannot even remember the score!

It's not about football and the attendances tell you that. London derbies always get the highest crowd, but for Millwall versus West Ham they are a lot lower. People know the history and choose to stay away. It shows itself through football but isn't really a West Ham versus Millwall thing, it's an East End against south London rivalry. You won't see West Ham on Sunday, you'll see the East End. You won't see Millwall, you'll see south London. There are the same ingredients in other derbies, like Portsmouth versus Southampton, but nowhere in the country are there two areas so rich in hardness.

These communities are full of hard people, and not just the hooligans. During the Second World War, the East End stood up to Jerry and it's the same in the south. Every person there can handle themselves, whether it's upright citizens dealing with Jerry or the underworld mobsters.

They're like two brothers, but only one of them can be king. They have the same blood but would kill each other to take the throne. They are two like-for-like cultures and people and all that separates them is the Thames. It's like they're looking at a mirror image of themselves. They have the same kind of outlook and it all amounts to looking after yourself and being able to back it up. That explains the intensity.

There's no starting point and it's been there through history. You can point to the underworld and rivalry between different dockers but it's just an animal, tribal instinct. What makes it special is the depth and range of people that can back it up. In other parts of the country it's just a small section of the community but in the East End and south London it's a huge part. It's a show of force of the community as a whole and everyone wants to take part.

No one can put their finger on one incident, citing revenge from one particular game or another. It's always been this way. You can go back to medieval times, Victorian times or the time of the Krays. The hatred has always been there. We had the Krays so they came up with the Richardsons. Before that there was the dockers: Isle of Dogs v Canning Town.

There's always been a rivalry around the areas where the football grounds are located. It's only the young men and hooligans that want to have a fight but big chunks of both localities take an interest.

A lot of it is about the past. Football gives the violence expression, but it's far deeper than that.

We want to put one over on the south London gypsies and they want to put one over on the Irons. Since I was a kid we always thought we were better than them.

The violence is not as intense as it was because people's lives have changed and they've moved away. There's a difference between fighting for the community you live in and the one you feel you represent. It'll never be as intense as the past. There were some ferocious battles in the 1970s that will never be repeated. Having said that, Sunday afternoon could still be fairly lively. Parents should think very carefully before allowing their kids to go.

Football has changed over the last 10 years but some leopards can't change their spots. Some of the past ugliness will resurface, but the good thing is the police are expecting it. The police presence will be very large and I'd expect them to control it. There'll be more officers than away supporters, which tells you something.

http://img100.exs.cx/img100/9318/cass4qx.Xxx
    http://img100.exs.cx/img100/3/bwwesthamgates0kz.Xxx

4. robson Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏17/8/04
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    קצת לא מובנת לי ההאדרה וההערצה הזאת לחוליגנים למיניהם. אסור לשכוח שגם אם האנשים האלה "מענינים" ומעשיהם נראים בלתי מזיקים.. הם היו הגורמים הישירים לכמה מהאסונות הגדולים שהכדורגל האנגלי והאירופי ידע מעודו שלא לדבר על התקופה החשוכה שהכדורגל האנגלי נאלץ לעבור עקב תוצאות מעשיהם..

5. Hammers Fan Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏14/12/02
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    אין ספק, אין שום דרבי באירופה שמתקרב לרמת השנאה בין הצדדים מווסט האם נגד מילוול. גם היום הורים לא מעיזים לקחת את האשה והילדים לניו דן או לאפטון פארק כשיש דרבי, כי הם יודעים שאין כח שיטור מספיק גדול כדי למנות את התגרות, המכות בפאבים והאש בעיניים שיש לשני הצדדים, לא חסרים אוהדים שמגיעים בעיקר בשביל האווירה, העידוד והמכות שאחרי ולא ממש בשביל המשחק עצמו.

מצחיק לשמוע על השנאה והיריבות של טוטנהאם-ארסנל הצפוניות והרכרוכיות (שלא נדבר על צ'לסי-פולהאם :aaarofl:) כש20 קילומטר דרום-מזרחה יש את הדרבי הלוהט באמת של לונדון.

6. TariboWest Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏10/6/04
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    יש שם ספרי חוליגאנים מתורגמים לעברית בארצנו?

7. Hammers Fan Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏14/12/02
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    לא עד כמה שידוע לי...

8. TariboWest Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏10/6/04
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    את הביוגרפיה של מוריניו יש?

9. Gianzola משתמשים של כבוד היכל התהילה

הצטרף ב:
    ‏16/2/04
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    יש את של בקס...

10. itayab Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏27/12/05
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    מצטער על ההקפצה..

אבל יש לי כמה שאלות:

1) איזה ספרים (מקסימום 3-4) בנושא לדעתכם הכי כדאי להזמין מאמזון ?

2) האם מישהו כאן במקרה מוכר אחד מהספרים בנושא?

3) האם למישהו כאן יש חלק מהסרטים בנושא?

תודה!

11. Michael Carrick מנהל כללי מנהל כללי

הצטרף ב:
    ‏1/4/05
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    אני אמליץ לך על המפורסם ביותר, "קדחת המגרש" או "אהבה על הדשא" של ניק הורנבי, סיפורו של תותחן מושבע. ספר אדיר.

12. mutant Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏22/12/05
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1405051329.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    This book is a lot more than your typical football autobiography. This is Robbie's attempt to tell his remarkable story from Toxteth to Anfield and beyond, as well as putting to bed the rumours about drug addiction that have plagued his career since the early days, exposing the truth behind how he was very deceitfully forced out of the club he gave everything to and ultimately standing up to those who said he was finished as a footballer.

Robbie is the first to admit he is no saint and he honestly describes the events that have landed him in hot water, but it would be extremely hard for supporters of any team not to sympathise with this player whose career has been ravaged by injury since late 1997 and whose "personal life" has been created by the media who have always sought to destroy him.

A great read for anyone who is a Robbie fan, a football fan, or even a fan of a fascinating story well told.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1905266006.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Phil Thompson is steeped in Liverpool FC. He was the proud young Kopite who became Bill Shankly's last great prodigy. As the sorcerer's apprentice, he was destined to become club captain, hold the European Cup above his head and win every honour in the domestic game. He would play for and captain England. He would become a proud member of the famous Liverpool Boot Room team, only to be sacked by Graeme Souness. Like a red phoenix from the flames he would storm back to become Gerard Houllier's Assistant Manager and later act as caretaker boss as his new mentor prepared for a life-saving heart surgery. This is a remarkable football story will make you laugh and make you cry. Forget the sky-high salaries and cynicism that dogs the modern game. This is a real football story that will make you laugh and make you cry. "Stand Up Pinnochio". You've heard the chant. Now find out about the real Thommo. It's the story that takes you right inside Anfield for over three decades.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0340823461.01.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Sir Bobby Robson, national icon and widely admired footballing legend, tells his life story. Revered in Newcastle and the North-East, Sir Bobby Robson is a man whose fame knows no boundaries and who enjoys phenomenal popularity. His playing days with Fulham and West Brom in the 1950s and 60s, his twenty England caps and his brilliant management career over the past thirty-eight years mean that he has inspired generations of fans. He has been witness to some of the most historic sporting moments throughout his incredible career, and in his book remembers epic incidents from the 'Hand of God' to the tears of Gazza. He also relives leading England through two World Cups, and the pain of coming within a penalty kick of the 1990 World Cup final. Sir Bobby's story is a rich and diverse one and this autobiography will celebrate his remarkable life.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0747268185.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    This book made my holiday,paul gasgoine is one fantastic person who has gone through it all and back again.
    I took this book to spain with me and from the first page i could not put it down,i was crying then laughin.
    Most people around the pool were waiting for me to finish it so---I left it there and have bought a new one.Maybe you will be somewere in newcastle and i might get it signed !!
    Paul you are a wonderful person, and never doubt youre-self.
    you have come through a lot, and all i wish for you is happieness.
    Life is tough but i think you are past the bad times i hope.
    I send you my best wishes for a long and happy future good luck paul have a good life and dont look back xx jackie. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0747264821.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    An absolutly fantastic book giving you a view of Psycho's entire career. He really gets you emotionally involved. You will barely be able to put it down. Not only does it teach you all about Stuart Pearce himself but also thousands of other things about the sport in general.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1903854474.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    The call him simply The Brick. For twenty years, Paul Debrick has been recognised as one of the hardest men on the British football hooligan scene. As a main face - some say the main face - with the infamous Middlesbrough Frontline, he has fought literally hundreds of battles against rivals crews from all over the country. Born and raised on the grim Hemlington estate just south of Middlesbrough, he began fighting in a schoolboy gang and was introduced to terrace trouble in the heyday of the early 1980s. He soon helped to build the Boro mob into one of the most feared around. At one time a serious, competitive bodybuilder, he also worked for more ten years as a bouncer on some of the roughest pub and club doors in the country. He has been shot at, stabbed, gassed and jailed - and he has dished it out in spades. Yet at one time he was given only a week to live. A man who can never do things by halves, The Brick developed a heroin and crack habit in the mid-90s that saw him plummet to the depths. When he was given a week to live by doctors, he vowed to fight his way back to health and strength - and succeeded. Now retired from a life of relentless violence, he is still a man not to be messed with, under any circumstances.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0755314301.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Brian Clough, arguably Britain's greatest ever football manager, died in September 2004 at the age of 69. His passing was marked by a minute's silence at both the Derby County and Nottingham Forest grounds and provoked a wave of tributes from across the sporting spectrum. A memorial service due to be held at Derby Cathedral had to be moved to Pride Park to accommodate the fans' demand for tickets. This overwhelming affection and respect was fully deserved for the man who was often described as being controversial, outspoken and opinionated. His achievements in football speak for themselves: he took two lowly Midlands sides to the very top, winning two consecutive European Cups, with unfashionable Nottingham Forest, in a feat that will surely never be matched by a club of similar stature. This special edition contains two new chapters, written shortly before he died, which offer his candid and entertaining views on club directors and chairmen and on New castle's treatment of Sir Bobby Robson, as well as his scathing analysis of England's recent performances. Cloughie also talks honestly about his battles with alcohol and the liver transplant that gave him 21 months of health and happiness.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0954854233.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    THE TRUTH ABOUT FOOTBALL HOOLIGANISM TOLD BY ONE OF BRITAIN'S MOST INFAMOUS THUGS The first book of its kind to be published in a coffee-table, glossy format. Born in Nottingham in 1965, Gary Clarke attended his first football match in 1974 with his father. He held a season ticket at Nottingham Forest for five years before he became the first person in Nottinghamshire to receive a civil banning order. He has been arrested over 30 times and has 15 convictions for football related incidents. He has also been served with five banning orders and served three terms in prison for football violence.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0002187957.01.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Adams writes what it's like playing with the best players in the game, from Gazza to Dennis Bergkamp; and working with some of the most successful managers, including George Graham, Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle and Arsene Wenger. But above all, his story is that of a winner, a man who has brought the intense determination he has shown on the field to his recovery from illnesses off it. Adams recalls openly his descent into alcohol addiction, which at one point saw him jailed for drink-driving. Just as he was finding his feet again after the slow rehabilitation process, problems with his marriage surfaced and soon after Adams found himself heading for a divorce. He talks honestly about that traumatic period in his life and also about the pressures and demands of being a top-class footballer in the modern era.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0753508036.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    a very funny and honest book from a true character i dont support any clubs he played for but that does not stop me enjoying a wondreful book. a must have for any autobiography fans --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0593053761.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    When Britain gave football to the world, she also gave it a distinctive terrace culture, rich in humour and inventiveness. In spite of the disappearance of terracing and the introduction of all-seater stadiums, the songs continue to cascade down the stands, some of them entirely original and spontaneous, others reworked versions of old classics. Shit Ground No Fans is a book for football fans. In a way it is also a book by football fans.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0002189399.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    It's really difficult to write a review on a book written by your Idol. Anything in the book is interesting and pleasant to read if you are his fan. I don't think any Owen fan will miss it - the more I know about Owen, the more I like him both as a person and as a footballer. It's hard to find somebody like him in this modern world of football.

I wish Owen all the luck and great success in his years in Spain. Despite all the problems, large and small, I firmly believe that he will not return to any English Club in the near future (say not until he reaches 30!)

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0007198078.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Like a majority of people, Stan is remembered as the man who hit Ulrika. Having read his book, I was surprised how openly he discussed his problems, in his day he was an excellent player (one of my favourites) I felt sorry for him. Stan was persecuted by the media. I am not saying that what he did was right but in life we all make mistakes and are allowed to move on, due to the media Stan wasn't. In writing this book he has open up and explained his illness which cannot be easy for anyone. My only hope is that Stan can find some peace in his life, he does deserve it.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1903854504.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Nicky Allt was a skint teenager from the tough Kirkby district of Liverpool who wanted something more when no-one would 'gizza job'. And in the late Seventies that meant clothes, music - and Liverpool FC. He joined a young scallywag crew who dressed different, spoke different and gathered not on the Kop but at the Anfield Road End. Their travels would become legend as the Reds conquered Europe. The Road Enders were a motley assortment of jibbers, blaggers and fighters to whom every no-entry sign was a challenge and every price tag a joke. They criss-crossed the Continent with Adidas bags and a few quid between them, joking, thieving, fighting and 'bunking in' to every match - and had the times of their lives. Now in mass-market paperback format, The Boys From the Mersey is the authentic voice of the sharpest, roughest and funniest bunch of football lads around and the inside account of how they changed the face of terrace culture.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0755310454.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Niall Quinn's autobiography is a fascinating account of his career. Rather than simply giving a chronological account, the book is based around his experiences with Ireland at the 2002 World Cup in Japan. He talks at great length about the saga of Roy keane leaving the squad, and gives the reader a real sense of the lack of morale in the squad, and the way this changed when they started playing football. Interwoven with this account are passages dealing with specific events throughout his career, from his early days in Ireland, through the highs and lows of English football. The descriptions of his various drinking exploits range from the humorous to the shocking and illustrate the fine line on which professional sportsmen live. Beneath all this however, is a footballer with definite views on loyalty, team spirit and national pride - which is reassuring in the light of so many stories that circulate about footballers today. A must for all football fans!

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1852915455.01.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    The Football Association's official coaching manual was written in conjunction with the production of 13 technical videos (in collaboration with the BBC) with the express purpose of helping players, teachers and coaches to understand better the finer technical points of the game. It is also intended as a structured aid to the development of techniques, skills and tactics for all levels of the game. The course includes systems of play, principles of coaching, creating space, passing and support, attacking, shooting, goalkeeping, defending and set plays, all illustrated in a series of 600 step-by-step photogrpahs and diagrams.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/190123133X.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Evo continues his traumatic, tempestuous odyssey through the turbulent seventies. Coach drivers, buse drivers, women, factory foremen and opposing fans all combine to make Evo's passion of following his beloved LFC as difficult as possible. Following on from 'One Boy and His Kop', this is a fascinating insight into how Evo evolved from a youth to a man while still maintaining his number one priority - being a Kopite. Contains strong language.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1905156014.01.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    " ... suit-burning, booze-laden, street-brawling antics ... A worthy study of an unforgettable era."

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0753500035.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    This is the biography of Bill Shankly. It tells of the man who took Liverpool from Second Division obscurity to create the legend that became the Anfield of Keegan, Hughes, Toshack and Heighway, with his impertinent questions, blunt observations and appreciation of life.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0747259143.01.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    In this autobiography, footballer Vinnie Jones hits back at his critics, tells of his battles to become accepted as a professional football player and unveils the private side to his life. This paperback edition has been updated to include the success of "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels".

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0753508087.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    O'Neill is one of the most successful and intriguing of the new manager/coaches to emerge from British football. This biography deals with every aspect of O'Neill's life and remarkable career from his early days as a player in Northern Ireland and joining the tyrannical Brian Clough at Nottingham Forest. It chronicles his managerial triumphs from non-league Grantham Town, and Wycombe Wanderers, to Norwich City and Leicester City, then on to Celtic. The author offers an insight into the beliefs, the lifestyle, the ambitions, the hopes and the fears of a private and complex man. He examines the effect sectarianism had on O'Neill's formative years - O'Neill was the first Roman Catholic captain of Northern Ireland and produced unprecedented success at the 1982 World Cup finals in Spain. But his defining career moment came before Nottingham Forest's first European Cup final when he was dropped by Clough. The impact that had on the young Martin O'Neill formed his philosophy in dealing with players in years to come. This book aims to get to grips with one of the most fascinating individuals in football.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1844542068.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Alan Shearer was born in 1970 in Gosforth, Newcastle. A football-mad youngster, he captained his school side and wowed spectators with his already amazing skills. Determined to make it in the world of football, he decided to leave school at the age of 15 and headed to Southampton where he had been picked up by a professional scout. Shearer quickly became a sought after talent as he moved on to Blackburn Rovers, turning down a lucrative deal at Manchester United in the process, and in a record breaking transfer deal he finally made it back to his beloved North East when he signed for Newcastle United. He is a star player with dedicated leadership skills. As captain of the Toon Army, he inspires his team and proudly leads them out onto the pitch with determination to win. A footballing legend and hero to the fanatical and faithful Magpies fans, Shearer is one of the most important names in modern football. This book charts his rise to first team fame and his happy homecoming to the proud North.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0753510057.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    In recent years, Gordon Strachan has become best known among football fans for his realistic and often witty assessments of his teams' performances and football matters in general. From his time as a young player at Dundee via Aberdeen, where he was nurtured by the then fledgling manager Alex Ferguson and became an integral part of the team which won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1983; to the dizzy heights of life at Manchester United and Leeds and an international career involving two World Cups, Gordon Strachan showed not just his flair as a wily central midfielder but also strong leadership abilities. They provided him with the cornerstone of his management career that began at Coventry as he moved from player to player/manager before finally hanging up his boots and led to his most recent stint at Southampton.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0743489209.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.Xxx
    One of the best football books I have read on Real Madrid and football in general. Provides the reader with a great insight into life behind the scenes at this chaotic club at the turn of the millenium. One can't help but feel sympathy at Mc Manaman's plight as he is relegated to the bench regardless of his form when the galacticos are fit. This is all the more impressive as the it is a biogrophy of his
    time in Spain rather than an autobiogrophy

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0002187051.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    Footballer Peter Beardsley provides a personal account of his career and recalls the many personalities who have influenced his life, from Charlton, Dalglish and Souness to Taylor, Venables and Keegan. This book contains a new chapter on England's 1996 European Championship challenge.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0002187272.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    An autobiography of Ian Wright, the British footballer who shot to prominence in 1985 when he joined Crystal Palace from Greenwich Borough Services. Six years later he joined Arsenal, and has been the club's top goal-scorer every season since

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1840181583.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    With the largest concentration of professional clubs in Britain, as well as the myriad non-league, women's, disabled and Sunday teams, London offers a case study for an examination of the current state of British football. What are the issues affecting football in London? Do they have repercussions for all levels of the game? What does the future hold for the national game in the capital as we approach the millennium? Charlie Connell attempts to answer these questions, as well as showing the reality of a long, hard season on every rung of the football ladder. Humourous yet analytical, the book offers a snapshot of the state of the game as played out on the hundreds of pitches across the capital every day of the season.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0316730610.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    I have always collected football stories like other people collect stamps, and it's great to get this opportunity to stick them in a book." From the bestselling author of "Ricky" comes this collection of hilarious anecdotes about football, with stories about the stars themselves, the fans, the girlfriends, the managers, in fact every aspect of the beautiful - and occasionally ridiculous - game. Recounted with Ricky Tomlinson's trademark wit, this is a bright and brilliantly entertaining collection that will delight football fans everywhere.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0007214502.01.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    John Terry's own account of Chelsea's 2004/05 season, culminating in the championship trophy the Stamford Bridge fans have been craving for more than half a century. It is a remarkable story and a tribute to the Chelsea captain's influence on and off the field. With endless column inches devoted to the latest sensational stories coming out of Stamford Bridge, it seems the 2004/05 football season has been dominated by the colour blue from the day that Jose Mourinho set foot on the hallowed turf of London's most fashionable football club. In his role as the heartbeat of Chelsea Football Club, their leader on the pitch and arguably their most important player in a generation, 24-year-old John Terry re-lives the excitement and the passion of a record-breaking season that saw the arrival of a new manager and a startling turnaround of the club's fortunes after the heartbreak of the Claudio Ranieri years. From the start of Chelsea's campaign and the emergence of the likes of Didier Drogba and Arjen Robben, through the unforgettable Champions League tie with Barcelona and UEFA's fracas with Mourinho, to the epic climax of the season!it's all here, as told through the eyes of Chelsea's capt Terry is the driving force behind a club that threatens to dominate the English game for years to come. This celebration of a remarkable year in the life of Chelsea FC will be a must-read for all Blues fans as well as general football followers seeking an insight into one of the most talked-about clubs in any sport.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0743256832.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    'If I have an idealised still of my childhood, it's of standing amongst a small group of like-minded boys beside the player's tunnel as drizzle falls through the beam of the floodlights waiting to see which one of the team will come out to talk to the presenter...On an absolutely perfect occasion, on completion of his work in front of camera, the player might autograph my programme and possibly ruffle my hair and maybe even refer to me as mate. Sometimes on a Sunday I'd bike down to the ground and circle its silence, reliving the day before...' Last season Stoke City were unexpectedly propelled into the dizzy heights of the First Division, rare oxygen for a club that has been known to have three managers in one season. Stephen Foster, a diehard fan, who now lives in Norwich, follows the fortunes of his dire team as they struggle to retain their hold on this slippery peak of glory. From Icelandic owners, hopeless managers, hapless players, and a ground to rival the best of East German architecture, this is a marvellously mordant account of one fan's helpless obsession with a team that nearly always manages to let him down.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1861056907.01.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    This title examines the Scottish influence on the English football scene which contains colourful portraits of the managers who have monopolized major domestic prizes and a who's-who profile on every post-war footballer capped by Scotland while playing for an English club.

נערך לאחרונה ב: ‏29/12/05
  13. Gooner Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏19/11/03
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    יש עוד ספר מצויין,Steaming in מאת Colin Ward,בעצם סיפור של כל החוליגנים בשנות ה70 וה80 במשחקים של אנגליה,ארסנל,צ'לסי,ולת'רהאד,משעשה וכנה.

14. mutant Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏22/12/05
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0743495500.02.LZZZZZZZ.Xxx
    First published in 1989, STEAMING IN is now acknowledged as the definitive account of terrace life in the 1970s and '80s. Unvarnished, unflinching, it tells the story of Colin Ward's experiences at Arsenal, Chelsea and England matches, at home and away. From Highbury to Luxembourg, Turin and Istanbul, Ward charts the camaraderie and confrontations, the hatred, the fear -- and the unexpected friendships between rival fans. By turns disturbing, horrifying and hilarious, it is astonishing reading, and draws a vivid picture of numerous colourful terrace characters. Countless words have been bandied about on the subject of football hooliganism by politicians, journalists and sociologists. Now re-issued with a new Preface by the author, STEAMING IN shows us what it was really like, and reminds us just how much football has changed. Controversial and provocative, it has become that rarest of gems -- a classic of football writing.

15. Waters Member

הצטרף ב:
    ‏13/2/05
    הודעות:
    לייקים שהתקבלו:
    אני יודע ששאלו את זה אבל לא נתנו למי ששאל תשובה ממש מובנת ומפורשת

מישהו יכול להמליץ לי על ספר שמדבר על טקטיקות משחק שונות ורבות ושיהיה יהיה גם גרסה שלו בעברית?